All the oils lose their properties when heated, but virgin olive oil is the one that best copes the high temperaturas and can reach 180 degrees centigrade without degrading, that is much more than any other oil found on the market. When frying any meat or fish with a virgin olive oil we avoid the production of free radicals and toxic aldehydes that are released when other types of fats such as sunflower or seed oils are burned. In addition, the natural antioxidants of the oil delay the oxidative degradation of the oil. The fried with virgin olive oil will be tastier, healthier and also the oil will last longer.
Type of dish
Ingredients for two preople
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 300 milliliters of very cold beer
- 15 grams or three teaspoons of yeast
- 500 grams of hake or cod fillet.
- 2 medium potatoes
- Oleobercho´s Virgin Olive Oil
- Put the cold beer in a bowl and add the flour and the yeast at the same time that you beat until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- We dry the fish fillets with a paper towel, we salt them and we coat them in the mixture of beer, flour and yeast.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into strips
- Put the Virgin Oil of Oleobercho in a deep fryer. It is very important that the oil is hot but doesn´t get to smoke.
- Fry the potatoes until golden brown on the outside.
- Next, fry the pieces of fish for 3 or 4 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the fillet.
Although they can be combined with any sauce, the fish and chips combine perfectly with some cooked peas and a hollandaise sauce.