The “salmorejo” is a traditional dish of the mediterranean food was created more tan 100 years ago in Andalusia. It´s a dish of humble beginnings that over time has been refined to become a dining Experience for the five senses. It´s a very healthy cold cream whose main ingredient is tomato. The tomato is a fundamental food rich in vitamins ans minerals. It´s an excellent natural antioxidant, helps protect eyesight, improves blood circulation, facilitate the care of the skin as well as avoiding constipation and being a natural diuretic. A very complete food in a dish that not only has an exceptional flavor, but also tells the story of a land: Andalusia.
Ingredients for two people
- 500 grams of tomato
- 125 grams of bread
- A garlic
- A pinch of salt
- 15 milliliters or a tablespoon of sherry vinegar
- 60 milliliters or four tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Oleo Bercho
- A cooked egg
- Slice of Fried Bread
- Cured ham
- Chop the bread and add to a bowl in wich we Will then beat all the ingredients.
- Remove the tomato leaves, wash well, chop and add to the bowl.
- Peel the garlic, from four pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add salt, vinegar and 50 mililiters of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Oleobercho.
- Beat all the ingredients until there is a cream without lumps.
- Finely chop the egg, fried bread and cured ham and decorate it over.
- Add the 10 mililiters of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Oleobercho in a drizzle over the decoration.
This dish can be prepared with fruit to make salmorejo´s of flavors. In these proportions, I have to add 250 grams of peeled fruit that is crushed together with tomatoes, bread, garlic, salt, vinegar and oil. The most recommended fruits are strawberries or peaches.